Monday, October 4, 2010

118* degrees won't stop me

Hola!
It's been Africa hot and guess who has been acting like it's been just fine?
I've got things to do! Is it really that dangerous to go jogging while there is thunder and lightning? COME ON! LOL. Don't worry...I survived=0)

I started the tree at school this week, yipee!
It's all made out of craft paper. They sell it at Michael's by the roll. This took up almost the whole roll. There are several layers for the trunk, so it wouldn't look flat and boring. I twisted and stapled on the branches and also bought the same colored duct tape. Hopefully, it will still be standing in a week when we do the project, lol. I used the tape to secure the top branches to the ceiling(*fingers crossed*).

I then painted using your basic brown paint and black paint. I put a layer of black in all the cracks first and then went over the whole trunk with a basic brown and occasionally adding a little black to it. I also mixed in some gold glitter...for the sparkle effect.
I HEART SPARKLES!


And for the SUPER cute effect....baby owl is playing peek a boo.
Look at that little face!
So, the kids will be drawing two leaves and then coloring them with two colors that compliment each other.
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS TREE AND AREA AROUND IT FULL OF LEAVES!!!
Sorry, I'm a little excited about this, lol.

Here is the color wheel I will show them...in case you are wondering what I'm talking about.
Red compliments green.
Orange compliments blue.
Purple compliments yellow.

The leafs are going to look so colorful=0)


OH, it's been so hot and who is knitting still?
Yep, me.
It's an illness, lol.
This blue baby is Boston bound! Just in time...you know how crazy cold it gets there.


And I also finished this multi-colored fall neck warmer. The color is just lovely.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Stay safe and squeeze your peeps=0)

XOXO,

Carol


My other job......
X-I wanna play legos with you.
Me-Ok, what should we make.
X-I started this football field, so we just need to find the players.
Me-What about the bleachers and people sitting on them.
X-Ahhhh....if you want.
X-What are you doing?
Me-Making the people.
X-Wrong, wrong, wrong. (He's taking them apart and changing heads and body parts)
Me-Okay, I'll start the bleachers. How's this?
X-Find(this is how he says Fine), but I think it's wrong too. You can still use it, but why don't you just watch me and see what it really should look like.
Me-Why don't you make it the way you want to and I'll make things how I want to.
X-Find(this is how he says Fine) keep doing things the wrong way, ugh.

3 comments:

  1. LOL...Your boy is so funny :)
    Love your knitting :)
    Love the tree!!! HOW fun!
    I have a serious topic on my blog today and wanted to know what you think :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love crocheting and have made these colors and rosettes love your style girl!
    The tree is amazing and love the little owls I kind of wish my daughter was young so I could do a tree for her classroom, You see I was room mom and the other Moms would refer to me as Martha not Dore...LOL!!!

    You rock the knitting world Carol, keep on creating this is what you do best, next to Mothering your beautiful babies! oh! and blog visits!!! lol!

    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how passionate you are about that tree - and so you should be, its a masterpiece! The way you've painted the trunk looks fantastic. Well done to you. Can't wait to see it with leaves. Oh, and as for the neck warmers, just love them. Just remember, there is always someone somewhere in the world that is cold whilst you are hot so you could always sell them on-line! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a colorful message? Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day=0)